Coalition of Black Faculty and Staff
The Coalition of Black Faculty and Staff is specifically organized for and committed to the concerns, interests and needs of the collective body of black faculty, staff, students and local community — to the extent that local community’s concerns impact the Texas State community.
- To provide leadership and support which facilitates the delivery of efficient and effective service as all institutional levels;
- To assist the university with recruitment, retention, progression and upward mobility of those served by the Coalition;
- Improve the visibility of the Black Community by encouraging and supporting the enrollment of a significant increase in black students and employment of Black faculty and staff (administrative, professional, clerical, and other support staff);
- To provide Texas State with a comprehensive and representative perspective on institutional, societal and programmatic development on behalf of those served by the Coalition; and
- To participant and coordinate activities in direct collaboration and support of the Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education.