Increase knowledge and skill set in diversity & inclusion
Learn new ways to interact and engage with students
Broaden awareness of cultural perspectives
Engage in opportunities to connect with other faculty & staff
Enrich institutional culture
Bobcat J.E.D.I. Program
J.E.D.I. = Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
This program offers faculty and staff the opportunity to build competencies that will support a more inclusive environment at Texas State.
The J.E.D.I. Program will include courses related to diversity, inclusion, multiculturalism, ability, social justice, and equity. Participants will be able to participate in courses that are offered throughout the year and online.
This program is a collaboration with University College, Hispanic Serving Institution Programs, Hispanic Policy Network, Student Diversity and Inclusion, Office of Disability Services, Coalition of Black Faculty and Staff, Alliance, and the Provost Office.
Faculty and staff will select one of two-tiered training processes to complete the Bobcat J.E.D.I. Program within a two year span. Participants will take Diversity 101 as an introduction into the program, and will select 2 Core Courses and choose 3 - 5 Elective Courses to take. To complete the program, participants will take Diversity 102 as their final course. See the table below for outline of each track.
Below are the core courses of which two are required for participants to attend in order to complete the Bobcat J.E.D.I. Program.
- (FACES) Foster Care Alumni Creating Educational Success
- Allies for Individuals with Disabilities
- In Limbo: Dilemmas Faced by Undocumented Students
- IN(ability): Disability Does Not Mean Inability
- LGBTQIA+ Allies Training
- Transition from Service to Classroom: Helping Student Veterans Succeed at Texas State
- Understanding International Student Need
Below are courses that participants can select to attend based on interest or relevance, the number of Elective Courses needed varies based on Track Level.
* If you have attended the Multicultural Curriculum Transformation & Research Institute within the last five years it will be applicable for the Bobcat J.E.D.I. Program.
- *Multicultural Curriculum Transformation & Research Institute (Faculty Only)
- Building an Academic Community That is Diverse, Accomplished, and Collegial (Faculty Development)
- Empowering First-Generation College Students
- Equality University (Fall only)
- ESCALA: Increasing Latinx Student Success (Faculty Development)
- Inclusion and Diversity: Building a Diverse Graduate Program (Faculty Development)
- LinkedIn Learning
- Mental Health First Aid
- Supporting Male Student Retention
- Supporting Transgender/Non-binary People in Higher Education Settings
- Survival Sign Language
- Teaching First-Generation Students: Practical Tips for the Classroom
- Upstander Training