Alliance is a TXST staff and faculty organization that promotes and celebrates the awareness, equity, social acceptance, nondiscrimination, and individual freedoms of all employees regardless of their sexual orientation, gender expression, or gender identity.
The purpose of Alliance is to provide a forum for the discussion of issues and concerns related to the LGBTQIA+ community at Texas State University and to cooperate in providing workable solutions to these issues.
Alliance supports LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff by:
- Advocating equal rights, access, and benefits for all LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff.
- Creating a safe and accepting environment to recruit and retain LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff.
- Promoting educational workshops and discussions that foster awareness of LGBTQIA+ issues and visibility for staff, faculty and students.
Meetings are virtual and held on third Thursdays at noon.
- President — Ms. Jessica Soukup
- President-elect — Nabila Cook
- Treasurer — Taylor Jones
- Secretary — Jennifer Greene-Rooks